Bridal jewellery should be chosen with as much care as your dress. Here are a few tips for selecting the perfect bridal necklace for UK brides.
- Only purchase wedding jewellery from sources that have a reasonable return and/or refund policy. That deep-discount necklace on the Internet isn’t really a bargain if you can’t return or exchange it.
- Try on your bridal jewellery necklace with your entire ensemble, including headpiece and veil, if you’re wearing one. Then take a long, critical look.
- You might want to consider not wearing a necklace if your dress is highly embellished with beads, lace or rhinestones. Try to avoid a look that’s too busy. Opt for a subtle hint of colour from pastel coloured stones.
- Include traditional pearl bridal jewellery or family heirloom jewellery in your look. Why not borrow a necklace from your mother or favourite aunt or include gold jewellery or silver jewellery that belonged to a grandmother? This is less expensive than investing in bridal necklaces or designer jewellery.
- Be sure your necklace compliments the style and cut of your dress. For a strapless dress, draw attention up to your face with a glittering choker. A solitaire or Y-necklace is great with a V-neck or bateau.
- Coordinate your necklace jewellery for brides with the embellishments on your dress or headpiece. For sequin or crystal embellishments, choose diamonds, real or faux, as your budget allows. For beaded embellishments, choose pearls, again, real or faux.
- Opt for an elegant look by wearing a simple but elegant tennis bracelet over long gloves with simple styling. Pearls will work well if you’re not wearing gloves.